Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Nelly123
      Participant

Hi I seem to not get any help as my (detail removed by Moderator) year old son is abusing me
      Nobody can help
      Is there anyone out there that can h2lp ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Nelly123,

Welcome to the forum. This is predominantly a forum for women abused by male partners but as the principles of abuse are the same or similar between individuals of different sexes regardless of the relationship, I’m happy to talk and listen.

Can you start by saying what has been going on without giving away too many identifiable details which relate to you personally please?

x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Nelly123,

I hope you’ll come back to talk but if not, I was able to have a preliminary root around the web and saw there are some organisations/support groups which deal specifically in child to parent abuse. Sadly I cannot post the links here but I can signpost you to where I found them. If you google ‘child to parent abuse helplines’ and then scroll down the page, you’ll see a result from ITV. Clicking on this search result will take you to the page which lists the links.

I hope this helps a little x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Nelly.I’m wondering if his father was abusive and my son followed some of the patterns he learned from his father. Entitlement. The NSPCC have a good helpline if you’d like to talk to someone about this. If you feel threatened then please ring 999. There is no excuse for this behaviour and you need to be safe and mentally well to deal with him and you cannot do this while trapped in the middle of abuse. Do you have a relative he can go and stay with? Contact your local women’s aid too. They often have knowledge of male role models who are volunteers and can intervene and help here. Keep reaching out x it’s awful to admit you’re scared of your child. Mine kicked my sofa so hard it’s still dented. He can round and threatened me on behalf of his father. I truly wish I’d set boundaries sooner but that’s what it came down to eventually. Luckily for me he moved out really young before it got to the police stage but I was warned at one point that he may have to be added to his fathers restraining order.

KIP.
      Participant

Keep posting. Even if it’s just to get your thoughts out. To know you’re not alone x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Nelly123,

I’m not sure if you want to talk or not but I have found these links to resources which mostly deal specifically in child to parent abuse.

http://www.capauk.org

domesticabusesurvivorsalliance.com

Please reach out to Women’s Aid directly as they will be able to signpost you to support and services which I can’t or am unaware of.

Sending hugs x

hop
      Participant

As soon as my child reached the age of criminal responsibility I just kept getting told ring the police if he hits you but it’s not something I could do. It all got so bad that I felt that I was living with his dad again. He hated the family worker speaking to him and he hates the thought of social work being involved. I’ve crumbled to an absolute shell of myself and he hates seeing that as well. But he doesn’t know why he keeps doing it. It’s a lot of work and I’m exhausted all the time but if I see what he’s doing at the time it’s easier to unpick in front of him so he knows he’s gaslighting me or using different ways to manipulate me. That and the social worker helping me is all I’ve got. Sorry I’m no help x

maddog
      Participant

You’re not alone! My ex was very passive aggressive. The children responded towards me with actual aggression which he supported. I’ve told both the children that if either of them treat me the way they have, I won’t hesitate to turn them in to the police. If they’re prepared to lash out at me, I’m only the first. It’s really sad when children take on and are punished for the crimes of another.

Was his dad abusive to you or him?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Nelly123,

Welcome to the forum and well done for reaching out for support. I hope the replies you have received so far are helpful. Just to let you know I have sent you some information via private message.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content