Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lovecoffee
      Participant

I’m trying to leave the relationship safely with my son.
      I have told my partner that I want to leave as the relationship isn’t working anymore and I feel like he is trying to force me to move to an area that will make it very difficult for me to get to work as I don’t have a car.
      He say that if I want to leave that’s fine but he’s going to financial ruin me before we sell our flat by making me send more money to the joint account (he currently pays a little bit more then me each month as he earns more and that was the agreement when I went back to work) he said he will stop paying the extra and I will have to pay instead which he knows I can’t afford.
      He also says that if we break up he will make me move my sons nursery to a different location which will make it impossible for me to get him there and that he wants our son 50/50 but I don’t think that’s fair as at the moment I look after our son about 80% of the time.
      He is also constantly arguing with me at the moment and ignoring the fact that I said I want to end the relationship. He just keeps trying to pressure me into moving to a different location with him.
      How do I get out of this situation without him taking all my money? I feel like I’m just never going to get out of this situation. (Sorry about long post)

Watersprite
      Participant

Hello – others will advise but I think re finances speak to a lawyer the first consultation is free they will know. I definitely wouldn’t move it sounds a ploy to isolate you and then he will have more control. Abuse tends to escalate. I had to leave with nothing – and nothing is fair in abuse. But ……slowly getting stable financially and got me and my family safe. Good luck keep posting and safety first x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content