Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lovetravel
      Participant

I’m looking for advice on what help I can get?

I ended my relationship a couple of months ago now however sometimes I’ll suddenly remember the worst days, scenarios and things that happened, sometimes I can get back to normal quickly, sometimes it takes a few days to get my mind off it.

I am really trying hard to move on and look after myself but with my mental health it’s really hard. I know there’s no quick fix but even to have some way of being able to live with everything in my head would help. I’m just feeling sick of not being able to do anything, remembering how scared I was and feeling the panic again is horrible.

I know there’s probably plenty options however I’m honestly clueless, Any advice would be greatly appreciated

KIP.
      Participant

Speak to your GP about some trauma therapy. Or contact your local women’s aid to see if they know of any local charities that offer support. Meditation is good to calm the anxiety, google mindfulness, and cut out alcohol and caffeine meantime. Exercise will burn off adrenaline too. If you can get out and walk. Talking about it also helped me. Some mild medication might help you get over the bad patch till your brain settles down and works out just what the hell happened x

Lavenderrose
      Participant

What you’re describing is how I am right now. It’s a daily struggle and the days you feel normal makes it seem so hard to realise what’s actually happened, like have I imagined it all. Hope you’re ok! X

fizzylem
      Participant

For me is was about giving in to it for a while, I learnt to roll with it, so slept a lot, but when there were windows and I could muster the energy I practiced self care, this eventually snowballed, this also shifted my thinking from him onto me and other more positive things in general and thus improved my self esteem and reduced the anxiety. The last and biggest shift for me though was when I left go of the fear of him and his control completely – so maybe try to work on this – yes he still scares me if I think about it, he’s out of control, so I shift my thoughts but I have found ways to block him and stop him now and these are in place and have been working for a while – was soo good for my health and mind set to let go of direct comms. I also pulled in as much support as I could but i also like time on my own simply to de stress and relax; can take a while to destress from it all but it will come bit at a time – I think the key is to go easy on yourself and give yourself what it is you need that day and in each moment x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content