Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Hi ladies,

After a few ups and downs with agents etc.. I finally had an email to confirm tenancy and to sign.

I collect keys on (removed by moderator)!!!

I now have really mixed feelings.. relieved, terrified, confused if I am actually doing the right thing.

I have no idea how I’m actually going to go? How? Do I say something, or nothing? He’s not the sort of person that will just take it.

So although I’m pleased to have sorted something I’m also so worried about the next few weeks. It’s taken everything in me to get this far and what if I crumble at the home straight.

Weepingwillow
      Participant

You’re doing so well
      I wish I had that strength x keep going 💕

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

WW – it’s taken a couple of decades to get to this point and I never thought I would do it..

I don’t really have strength, just a realisation that if I never change something then nothing will change and a wasted life.

Hazydayz
        Participant

Wishing you luck and a happy ever after in your new life and home 💕

Newboundaries
      Participant

Just wanted to say Well done Cantmakedecisons. I also have wasted a couple of decades and not got as far as you yet. Be proud that you did it some stay for a lifetime x

iliketea
      Participant

Well done, hopefully one of the wise women who have been there will come and give you some tips. I am sure number 1 is definitely don’t tell him for your safety. It is the most dangerous time. And plan to leave when he is not there if that is possible. There’s a link on the forum about leaving. I’ll see if I can find it. Keep posting and talking, we’re here to support you every step of the way. I’m not far behind you. Deep breathe, gets lots of rest, eat well and look after yourself in the run up to it. And did I say…WELL DONE!!! xx

iliketea
      Participant
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Thanks Iliketea x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Keep going, put your feelings on hold, be a military general right now. This is a battle so you can’t doubt your path now. He will have his reaction but whatever. Do not tell him anything. Take all the steps you’re advised to for your safety. And do not engage with him, no contact. Via third party only if necessary. Change your phone no. Block him on social media. Do not discuss anything with mutual friends, etc. Keep your circle tight, only people 100% loyal to you. If you have a car, don’t shop or bank where you used to. Change it all up. Your feelings will sort themselves. It takes time, be gentle with yourself…..HUGS!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content