Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lizziecat
      Participant

Does anyone experience their partner using their disability against them. Mine accuses me of faking, being a hypochondriac and lying to drs. Tells me there is nothing wrong with me even though I have an undisputed diagnosis. He mimics me in pain and refuses to help around the house and then rages at me for not asking for help. Then uses that as proof of me faking. He doesn’t feed our pets and then blames me for not asking for help. I can feed them but he does nothing. I am in a no win situation and I am shattered. I work through pain but he has no empathy, I don’t want sympathy but consideration.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lizziecat

I just wanted to show you some support. It is very unfair for your partner to say these things, he should be helping you and supporting you but instead he uses your disability against you.

You must be exhausted from all of this, keep posting as we are all here for you.

Lisa

True2myself
      Participant

I am going through this. I have a disability and I feel it’s easy for him to attack that. It’s very draining and mentally torture. Talking in these forums really really help to calm your mind so keep doing this. I’m sorry your going through this. ♥️

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content