Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      savingthestars
      Participant

I have compiled a folder, with a five page statement, to be taken to the police. I feel like I am screaming inside. I have been so worried about my kids being abused by my ex, overlooking that although he used the kids, he abused me by using them. I matter in that equation. and when I press charges professionals cant say that he is great. They will have to accept that I was reacting for a reason, and will feel pretty d**n stupid for supporting him as much as they did.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Well done you. It’s such a relief to have the control in this part of our lives.
      Best wishes IWMB

resilient
      Participant

Congratulations! I cannot imagine how you felt compiling everything, it is horrible having to revisit what happened… but you did it!
      I certainly relate to “screaming inside”.

Best wishes

KIP.
      Participant

I know how difficult that must have been. Take copies of everything you hand over and try to get women’s aid or victim support to help you x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content