Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      HappyImFree
      Participant

Hi, I’m new in the forum, I left my partner back in (detail removed by moderator), and I’m concern because (detail removed by moderator) I saw him near by my place (he lives very close), my LO and I were coming back from the park when I heard him calling her name, when I saw him I got scared but he seemed to be very calm and was trying to convince LO to go with him for shopping, I told him to go away but he was following us and saying nice things to her, like, he was gonna buy clothes and toys, I told him no, so I grabbed her arm and I said (detail removed by moderator), then he grabbed her other arm and she started crying, I felt pressured and I didn’t know what to do so I ended up going with him and LO to shopping, it was a very awkward moment as he was trying to speak to me but I just ignored him, so he was claiming that I was in a bad mood and that I don’t want things to get better between us. I applied (detail removed by moderator) for a non molestation order without notice, because after I left he didn’t stop following me, harassing me and stalking me, I reported him to the police 3 times and social services got involved. My social worker has been very helpful and she told me that I will have to find a save place, I’m living at a friend’s now, in a small room for LO and I, I have no more friends and nowhere else to go and my family is abroad, so she put me through (detail removed by moderator) to help me to find a place at a refugee and also to make child arrangements, but now I’m concern because I don’t know if what happened (detail removed by moderator) is gonna have a negative impact on the processes I’ve started, I’m scared that they won’t believe me anymore.
      He was abusive towards me emotional, mentally and physically for years, I tried to leave many times but he made me dependent on him, he was saying that he was the only person I have in this country (I’m from abroad) and nobody will help me, he was constantly threatening me with the visa, saying that if I leave he will cancel it

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi there,

You have literally been in a tug of war situation with your child and in order to not make a scene and to keep the peace you have been controlled and coerced to go along with him and play ‘happy families’. You should let your solicitor know about this, especially if court proceedings are ongoing. This may impact the case and actually go against him, not you.

Is your visa sorted out now or is that still ongoing? Do you Permanent Leave to Remain in the UK?

HappyImFree
        Participant

Hi, thanks for replying

I have residence permit as a family member of an EU citizen, so as soon as I divorce ill have to apply for a different one, don’t know yet which one

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content