Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Wondered why my ex partner never really called me by my first name… he called me by a pet name… this always worried me… has anyone else had this? Xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

He did give me a little name early on but I liked it. Unknown to him it was the same one that my previous partner used. He did call me by my first name too though. It was a mixture.
      It depends if you like it or not. If you didn’t and told him to stop he should have respected your wish and stopped.
      It’s about respecting your wishes, feeling comfortable with the little name used.

Cecile
      Participant

What I experienced was worse, he never ever used my name just addressed me as ‘you’ and jabbing his finger at me and on my chest. It was depersonalisation.
      That made me feel so bad, like a dog.
      When talking to others he would say ‘my wife’ in a really loud voice. Used my first name, but rarely, in a pseudo friendly sickening way in front of others. Usually when asking me to bring him something in front of them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content