Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

another sleepless night. i (detail removed by moderator) at work. this is ALWAYS when the head games start. i have no fight left. he has gone never coming back. but im burnt out. exhausted. cant and dont want to face anyone. i want to go home walk past all the botched jobs i an going to have to find the money for someone to fix curl up in bed go asleep and never wake back up. 20yrars of abuse by 3 exs i cant take anymore. i done nothing but love these men and only have a broken heart and soul to show for it. i really have had enough

Seeingclearly
      Participant

You poor thing, you sound completely exhausted. Maybe you should just get into bed and rest for a few days – if you can. It sounds like you need it. It’s ok to shut the world out for a while. Get some nice food in and bunker down. Bathe and sleep and eat well and take good care of yourself. It won’t solve everything, but you might emerge a few days later feeling a bit stronger.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i wish I could eat. not had a bite since last Saturday in completely numb drained exhausted lost the will to live..

Tiffany
      Participant

Try going in to the supermarket and finding something that appeals to you to eat. Even if it’s just fruit or a smoothie. Or a treat like your favourite chocolate. Or something weird like pringles with nutella. Give yourself permission to eat anything you like. I shopped daily after I left my abuser because it was hard to make myself eat. I found it easier if I had just chosen whatever I had for dinner rather forcing myself to eat whatever was in the house. I fluctuated wildly between eating really healthy food like salads and baked fish, and eating nothing but pints of ice cream. But I survived. And that’s the important thing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i wish i could as soo much as soon as i have a drink im in the bathroom its awful. hes still killing me

fizzylem
      Participant

Hey ISS, do what you’ve got to do to get through it, somtimes this is going to bed for a long time, exhaustion is horrid for sure, for me it really was about surrending to it for a while, I slept and slept and slept whenever I could. Slowly you will come out the otherside and start to feel there are windows of time when you can do some things, feel more able to look after yourself again and pick a few things up. Stuff the jobs for now, let that go, looking round at what needs doing will only depress you further, doesnt matter, not important, these things will get done at some point but now is not that time. You will get through this and rise again for sure, but for now sleep if that’s what your body needs x

Anonymous
      Inactive

thank you fizzylem
      today has been horrid. i have done a few posts today. my friend has stayed with me. your right about the jobs i nolonger care. its me time from now on. police are coming tomorrow to put an end to the harassment. my number has been changed now i feel free.. im si lucky there is no kids involved

fizzylem
      Participant

Great, sounds like you’ve found a bit of fight and are focusing on you, and you’ve pulled in some support. Hope the police can help. Going no contact really is the only option – put him out. I tried keeping the line of comms open for a while, because of our child’s arranegments, doesnt work, only gives him somewhere to voice his angry delusions – keep it going – and the abuse continues. Stand firm. We’re here whenever you need us x

Anonymous
      Inactive

nobody will ever do this to me again. it would see me off

fizzylem
      Participant

You are dam right gorl! I hear yer – me neither. We will get through this and come out the other side stronger and wiser for it. Hope it’s proved helpful with the P today; willing you on x

Anonymous
      Inactive

they didn’t turn up hun im absolutely fumin they was supposed to be here at 2pm. x feel like im 1step forward 4 back

fizzylem
      Participant

Gah! Annoying when you’ve mentally prepared for it. No call to rechedule?

Anonymous
      Inactive

no nothing im livid…. everytime i get up i get knocked back down again. but i will get back up im determined he wont beat me down no more

Goggleeyes
      Participant

Hi Imsosad,

I remember going through burnout, more than once. I found for me being in nature really helped. Sitting in the balcony, walking in a park, or along a waterway. Even if you can travel for a few days not for a holiday but self care and rebuild your strength. Fresh air frequently, even in all weathers. It helped me. I hope you find what works for you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi goggleeyes
      i am much better i take one day at a time. i do a lot of walking this does clear my head. i have worked flat out which has exhausted me but helped keep my mind occupied. each day is now getting easier no contact is the greatest cure. i still have very much up and down days but i have given myself something to lookforward too which helps. i hope you are keeping well.. x

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content