Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

I got away from my Parther and things dont seam any better my counsellor told me to leave my Parther because his giveing my children Domestic abuse. I also got away so my children dont have to listen to there dad abusive and aggressive controling behaviour that my partner gives me .but appranalty my partner still has parient consent to see my children. The police said there nothing written down to say that my partner cant see my children also my counsellor saying the same thing . So I’ve been told to get away from my partner if I never the my counsellor said she would get social services involved because my children are geting domestic abuse of my Parther. But he still can see them if he wants to I dont understand my situation.

I talk to social services about this they told me to go thought to solicters to protect me and my children . I dont understand any of this i thought i would that I would of got protected especially that I’ve been told to get away from my partner even thoe I was going to do it anyway. So the point of geting away is to protect my children
      Does anyone have any advice please

KIP.
      Participant

I’ve heard to this many times and it’s a dreadful situation. You leave as you’re advised to for the sake of your children yet the law allows him access. The next step would be a non molestation order through the courts or something similar preventing your children from seeing him and also giving you the status of resident parent which offers more security. You’ll need legal advice. Have you applied for legal aid? Rights for Women have a legal helpline but your advocacy worker should be supporting you in this.

KIP.
      Participant

The organisations that advised you to leave should be supporting you to get protection from him. Legal protection. I do see this a lot. It’s like now you’re away from the home they seem to think their job is done but he should have been made homeless not you x

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Kip for your advice I really appreciate it so much I will have to phone a solicitor to get this order sorted out . I just cant believe my Advocate told me to leave to make my children safe and yet I’ve been told that my partner can see our children. My Advocate should help me but she saying that my Parther can see the children but have friend or family around me for surport. I feel so physically and mentally worn out. X*x

KIP.
      Participant

Your partner will want to have you there simply to continue his abuse. If he wants to see his children he should apply for a contact centre supervised visit. Where his interactions will be watched. He probably won’t want this though because his sole purpose will now be to get access to you. Until you’re legally the resident parent he has every right to leave with his children so no way would I allow visitation until I had the safety of legally being the resident parent. After that he can apply to the court for supervised visits. Stand your ground and tell your advocate that he will carry on the abuse through the children. Is she from Women’s Aid?

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Kip my Advocate works with my doctors but from women aid . Even thoe I’ve been told that my Parther still have parient consent to my children. I am not going to let him see them I got away from him because of domestic abuse I was also told I needed to get away from him for safety of my children but then I was told he can see them so what was the point of me geting away because I am just in the same situation as the being . My partner dont now where I live he still cant see my children but my worrie is if he seen them that he could pick them up and I cant do anything about it this is breaking my heart I dont now if I am comeing or going . I will deffainaly stand my ground I will not let him see my children untill I get the court to protect me and my children. Thank you for careing xx

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you. They can’t have it both ways. If they told you to leave it’s because he’s dangerous and to now ask you to allow him near your children is dreadful. His parental rights do not include child abuse.

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Kip that is so true his parient consent is not Domestic abuse this is awful I really thought I was going to get the surport I needed .

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content