Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Birdykiss
      Participant

So I just don’t need nif am over thinking or if am being too sensitive I am in a (detail removed by Moderator) year relationship where it is expected of me to follow his religion which is making me feel so restricted I mean right down to what I wear what I watch can’t listen to music can’t see certain people can’t go certain places I feel like AV just given in to keep peace now I feel like I have lost myself. We have 2 children it’s being pushed onto them too now I just Wana be free I also think he’s abit if a narcasisst too I see them signs he’s not physically abusive he does belittle me and complain about my weight I am a size (detail removed by Moderator) and he calls me lazy alot both my children are special needs he does nothing with them I do it all and take care of house and cook I just sometimes think am goin crazy am I really in an abusive relationship or am I over thinking it.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Birdykiss, hello and welcome to the forum, you are definitely in the right place. Your partner is abusive, being restricted is being controlled and nobody has the right to make you do anything. You do everything at home is also part of the abuse, calling you lazy etc…
      To belittle someone is cruel, I am so sorry he is abusing you.
      Please contact your local WA, they will help and support you or just listen, whatever you need. Also, there are some.really helpful books, I started with The Dominator by Lundy Bancroft and that was really helpful (recommended to me on this forum on my first post also).
      Keep posting ❤ we are here for you and you are NOT crazy, it is all real my lovely xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content