Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

How do they work out that he can be well enough to beat me and rape me but not be fit for work! Yet i’ve been left with depression anxiety issues and ptsd, bearly speak to anyone because i have panic attacks that i wont remember what has been said, it doesn’t register that i don’t have to anymore, but i am still fit for work!!! Makes me so angry!
      So know i am about to mive out of refuge and still need things i’ve got to get to be able to move out like quilts for my kids, but i’m going to have a gap in my payments whilst the sort my is claim out. It makes me so angry we have to deal with all this they get away so easily

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sending you hugs, the system baffles us all. It makes no sense to me that you are expected to go out to work whilst still coping with all of this. It is all very unfair. Can they not give you some kind of emergency payment to help you with everything?

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I have the child tax credits, we’ll manage. But what really upset me is the tone of the mabs voice as i put my claim for income support in on the grounds of being a lone parent of a child under (detail removed by moderator). It was the heres another one had kids doesn’t want yo work tonr! Actually that is far from the truth! Up untill the day i left my husband i worked, he nade it hard but i did it, and i want nothing more than to go back to work, i just can’t for a minute, i’m waiting for councilling and have an appointment with comunity mentle health! But i do want to work, i’m not a single parent through choice.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The system has a way of making you feel like you are begging, when in fact its circumstance for the majority of us. You are very lucky to get mental health help and counselling and I am sure when you are more able you will get back to work. In the meantime ignore these people who are taking the claims they are trained to be cynical, they don’t know you or your circumstances. You are a survivor and like you said you will get by. It seems a bit of an uphill struggle at the moment but can you imagine how you will feel when you can finally be where you want to be with your life.

I have all this to come, I gave up a job I loved to stay home thinking it would be for a short time and it was not. I have absolutely nothing to offer an employer. If I could have anything however it would be to support us again, how I will get past the agoraphobia and what I would do is a whole other thing.

Ayanna
      Participant

I have the same experiences. He is ooohhh so sick. I am being refused counselling, my GP laughs about me and treats me as if I am crazy when nightmares and flashbacks and PTSD torture me. I have been working throughout my ordeal. I was bullied at work when they found out that I fled DV and had to go to court frequently. I lived in such a hell and nobody cared. Nobody ever asked how I was able to go through all of this entirely alone. Even my local WA refused to help me because I have no kids and I am in full time employment.
      I keep myself together all by myself. The women I thought were my friends deserted me. They became angry with me when I did good things for myself, such as going on holidays into five star hotels, funded by my own hard earned money. They became angry when they found out that I lived in a beautiful place and actually had upgraded my lifestyle since I fled from the abuser.
      I have to cope with the PTSD all alone and by myself.
      It seems the whole world hates me because I upgraded myself despite the hell I had to suffer.

Serenity
      Participant

This is why, ladies, we need to join the panels offered by Women’s Aid, lobby our MPs, speak out, fight for our rights.

We need to highlight domestic abuse and lobby for our rights.

Society doesn’t yet recognise the effects of DV nor cater for it X

Ayanna
      Participant

But when I speak up everybody tries to shut me up. And I mean EVERYBODY.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content