Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wispatea
      Participant

Hi, Can anyone help me with this fear. Although I am out of the relationship, he is in a new relationship (detail removed by Moderator) and he is not allowed near me or to contact me. My biggest fear isn’t that he will hurt me physically again. My biggest fear is that he will try to contact me or try to come back. He has on many occasions and I haven’t been strong enough to say no. This time has been the longest but that fear is still deep I still don’t have that strength. I still miss him tremendously. Will it ever pass? I am avoiding putting time lines due to safety but many people are starting to say to me you should be over this now…but I feel like I am getting worst. My GP has referred me for an assessment into PTSD. I see a private counsellor and I am being supported by other agencies. There is post separation abuse happening but I am unable to stop this…

Eyesopening
      Participant

Hey, I feel for you, my ex is in another country and I am so glad. I think we would all feel very much the same going through the same things you are..
      I have been out a ‘long time’ you could say. But suprised at how much healing is still needed..
      Therapy for PTSD is absolutely essential. I had terrible PTSD, still do but at a lesser extent, trauma therapy will truly help you so much. It will be tough, but so so worth it.
      No one can understand truly what you have been through, so when people think/say ‘you should be over it by now’. They just don’t really understand what they are saying. It’s so hard, my sis in law was telling my yesturday its time for me to have kids and was going on about it. Little does she know how this is a deep wound for me & I wanted to cry inside at these comments. CBT is good for managing things others say. There are many therapy organisations that you can sign up for, they have been amazing for me.
      Stay strong xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content