Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hereforhelp
      Participant

I put wallpaper up, I did an entire wall…. I am so proud of myself as for decades (with him!) I was told no, he would do it (but he never did), I can’t do it, laughing at me being useless at any DIY…. I totally believed him in the end but yesterday I wallpapered my lounge and I smiled so much 😁

Eggshells
      Participant

Hey, fantastic! It’s wonderful finding out how much we can do when left to our own devices and unemcumbered by negativity, belittlement and abuse. I’m currently doing my own little DIY project – not sure that I’m quite ready for wall papering yet though. 😮

KIP.
      Participant

I remember those feelings. My ex destroyed my self confidence, made me feel so reliant on him which is what abusers do. I know the pride you feel and this is just the beginning. That girl who was there pre abuse is still there. Bring her out x

Put the kettle on
      Participant

Well done on the wall papering, it’s a great feeling isn’t it when you realise how much you are able to do yourself.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes well done. That is a big achievement.

I’ve kind of had a list of things in my head since I left that I’ve wanted to ‘reclaim’.

Each time I stand in front of the task like a mountain feeling scared. But like the mountain goat I am I take steps and before I know it I am on the top of the mountain, seeing further…

Next task for me learning to drive again, but that is another thread…

PaintingByNumbers
      Participant

That’s amazing – well done!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content