Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My ex was controlled, manipulative & i believe calculated, this was all done without a raised voice or physical violence and with a smile on his face. I was gaslighted to hell, his actions & words didn’t match & i was so terribly confused. BUT, occasionally his mask slipped & i saw him in another light, his look of pure contempt at me captured in the photo, when he said to me as cool as a cucumber “I can pick you up and I can put you down “.😑 once you see them for who they are i think they are easier to manage.

Booboobeedoo
      Participant

He sounds like a water torturer!!!! X*x

Serenity
      Participant

I was just going to say, it sounds like the Water Torturer described in the Freedom sessions- acting cool and calm, but causing dire upset.

It also sounds a bit like the Headworker.

He sounds so arrogant and cruel, and so much like my ex. They really believe they can have monopoly over you.

Your no contact and living your life will show him this isn’t true.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content