Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Prisoner
      Participant

I can’t carry on living like this. I am in so much pain after yesterday everywhere hurts. I have cried most of the day. I wish I knew how to leave, but he is right I panic when I leave the house with him what would I do alone. I am so pathetic. I used to have a life a career, now I have nothing, and I am far to scared to asking him if I can leave again. I feel so ashamed.

Ayanna
      Participant

You do not need his permission.
      When he is at work: You can take your bag, you can put on your clothes and you can leave through the door. You do not even need to look back. You can walk to the nearest police station and start your new life. x*x

Animallover
      Participant

Try to be strong. You seem in a really horrible situation but please try to remember that you are not alone and there are people who can help and understand what you are going through. You really must get out as soon as you can. Please contact the helpline I’m sure they can suggest what you can do and where you can go. Anywhere must be preferable to what you are dealing with now. Please believe everyone is behind you xx

KIP.
      Participant

On a practical note, photograph your injuries. If you can hide them with a log of what happened. Would you consider emailing the pictures to someone you can trust. You will have to find a way to break this silence. We believe you. Now you have physical evidence x

Prisoner
      Participant

It feels like he has taken everything, I couldn’t even get dressed this morning it hurt to much. I know I have to find the strength somehow to leave, I have to find the inner strength to leave the house. To walk and never look back.

Ayanna
      Participant

Hun, he might have injured you.
      I needed two operations!
      This is nothing to take lightly! If the pain does not go away you need to go to the nearest A&E. There you can tell them everything and refuse to ever go back. A hospital is the best place. They will send you to a refuge.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content