Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I feel so awful today. I went to a solicitor to change my name and then went to a few places afterwards to change it back. I’m absolutely drained. I feel really down about it all. It’s taken me a long time to get the strength to do this. I hated having his surname so I don’t understand why I feel like this. Any thought Of him makes me feel like I’m in a black fog and all my insides are taken out. I feel terrible. X

maddog
      Participant

I may change my name back. I use my former name for stuff already but it will be a pain with my passport.

Ayanna
      Participant

I still have not done it.
      I want an entirely new name.

Tiffany
      Participant

It is a positive step, but not surprising that it didn’t make you feel great. Dealing with bureaucracy is exhausting, and it was also a huge thing to do emotionally. We also sometimes put too much onto various milestones – I will be better once I have done x. I just need to do y and I will be better. So when we do them and it doesn’t give us a sudden high or a noticeable boost the lack of that can make us feel down. Try and prioritise self care for a bit and things will hopefully slowly get better.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content