Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      PussinBoots
      Participant

1st January 2022 and my new life begins. I left him. I decided to leave without telling him as I didn’t trust him not to get angry or worse kill me. So (detail removed by Moderator) I set my alarm early and left him asleep in bed and left the house. I was scared, still am but I am just taking it hour by hour. Currently on the (detail removed by Moderator) speeding many miles away.
      Sending my thoughts to everyone else who is struggling today. Hopefully I may inspire some of you who want to leave to do it x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Wow a huge massive well done.
      Be kind to yourself I guess the hard work starts now. Be proid of your courage and strength and continue to look after yourself.
      Thank you for sharing one day i hope this will be me. X*x

PussinBoots
      Participant

Thank you nbumblebee.
      Yes you are right it is going to be hard work. I’m feeling terrified to be honest! Hope 2022 gets you closer to where you want to be.

Ariel
      Participant

Oh my well done!!! Now you need to keep focused as to why you left. Concentrate on your new free life. Keep going and don’t look back. If you wobble get back on here for support and words of reason xxxx good luck and well done x

PussinBoots
      Participant

Thank you Ariel

gettingtired
      Participant

Well done, you’re so brave. I did contemplate leaving on new year but there isn’t really an opportunity and I still feel really scared about actually doing it.
      I’m sure there are going to be challenges ahead but like Auriel said, come on the forum when you’re feeling a bit unsure x

Kitkat44
      Participant

Oh wow this is so amazing to read! Just brilliant, we’re all here cheering you on
      Sending love xx

anotherlife
      Participant

Oh wow, PussinBoots, my heart’s so happy for you. Well done, it must have been scary but so right and so brave. One hour and one day at a time. You must have inspired so many women today with your bravery and strength 💗 Wishing you courage and safety and a better day each day. You are amazing. Take in the views and breathe. Hugs x

ISOPeace
      Participant

Wow, that is amazing, well done you! It must have been scary with him in the house, but you did it. I am so happy for you. x*x

PussinBoots
      Participant

Wow, Thanks everyone. I don’t feel as brave as you are all making me sound. It had just got to the point where I had to do it or face never doing it and wondering what if for the rest of my life.

ISOPeace
      Participant

I think our culture perpetuates a myth that to be brave/strong you feel and act like Wonder Woman. But bravery and fearlessness are not the same. Bravery is doing it even though you’re terrified. If you’re not terrified, you have no need to be brave! The part of you that did it while feeling terrified is the brave you and that part must be incredibly strong, becaue I know the fear created by abuse is strong enough to keep us stuck for years. It’s ok to be afraid and it doesn’t mean you aren’t brave. xxxx

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Pussinboots this is such a wonderful post, you are so brave, keep moving on ❤❤

Wants To Help
      Participant

Well done pussinboots, New Year New You heh!

Today is a great day to take the plunge and go for it.
      You know that the journey is ahead is not an easy one, but if ever you feel like you want to go back then get those claws out, dig in and hold on. There will be times where he tries to get the better of you, but bush your tail up, fluff your fur up and give him a big hiss and a growl and scare him off 🙂

iliketea
        Participant

@WTH love this description!

Eyesopening
      Participant

Your amazing well done.
      Keep reaching out as i found afterwards was extremely hard.
      I thought leaving was the magic pill that would solve everything. But in reality for me the healing, the trauma bond breaking, the cognitive dissonance the FOG is really tough after leaving. Get lots of support to manage these things and you can get through the hard first months ok then things really do just get better
      X*x

iliketea
      Participant

Well done, safe stay. Keep posting. xx

PussinBoots
      Participant

Thanks all of you. It really helps to have your support.
      I had an amazing sleep last night so feeling good today.

Eyesopening your post was very timely as after my euphoria of actually leaving, my husband has started the guilt tripping (via text). If I turn my phone off then I’m worrying that he may have texted… hmm not sure how to handle that. I guess I could block his number and ask him to use email. Any ideas how to handle this?

iliketea
      Participant

I’d suggest no contact until you have a concrete plan in place. My solicitor contacted my ex straight after i left and I was safe, explaining the situation in terms of the legalities. Depends if you’re applying for a non-mol etc. You could always get a throwaway mobile with a new number and tell him you’ve changed your number and that is your new one. Then use it only for him so you have the control of when you turn it on and off and read messages. Same with email. Could you set up an Our Family Wizard app for all contact? That way it is tracked, you get to decide when you read it and interact with it. Depends on whether you have kids etc on the level of contact you are going to have, have to have. But for now. Id do nothing. No contact. Stay strong. Hope you have a safe place to be and support for you? Have you contacted Women’s Aid or your local DA support organisation. xx

Ariel
      Participant

Just put your phone on silent and look at it when you are ready. It worked for me.
      I then got a different phone just for him as the ring tones were giving me anxiety x

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content