Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused-and-alone
      Participant

So I did it I’ve left. After a big fight (detail removed by Moderator) I refused to make up (detail removed by Moderator) then went out – a friend and I snuck back later to get some clothes and things for me and the kids and I left. I told him over the phone that I was done Nd I’ve ignored his calls since – I did call his best friend and asked him to go see my husband and make sure he was OK but I’ve gone. I’ve never been this far before I feel sick with worry but also relieved. He keeps calling and sending messages begging me to talk but I’ve not answered any of it. I never really thought this day would come but I’m out!

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Well done you! Even with everything he did to you, you still showed your compassion when you had a friend check on him. It shows what a wonderful, caring human being you are. There’s no need to talk with him anymore now, you’ve let him know and that’s all that needed to be said. Remember if/when the feeling comes and you miss him, remember what he did to you. I don’t know how settled you are where you are and if it’s a place you can stay in the long term, but otherwise I would call WA to see if they can help with anything to keep you out. You’ve shown such bravery and strength for yourself and your children. Allow yourself to feel proud 🙂

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Well done. You should be very proud. Take time to let this sink in. Day 1 after me leaving it really hit me what I did. I cried a lot, mainly silent tears just running down my face and i hated/ hate, having to leave my other life. But there’s no way around this. If this doesn’t start them on the road to awareness nothing will. I have seen and spoke with my oh, circumstances got in the way, but it hasn’t changed my mind, I am so much happier in my wee flat, I will not return to being abused. If he wants to change that’s great for him, but changing doesn’t guarantee my return. I’ve had decades of this, I don’t know if he could/can change and stay changed. You’d always be waiting on something and then be accused of wanting it to fail, so still be da..ed if you do da..ed if you don’t. You did this huge, amazing thing, you put your needs and your children’s first. The very best of luck. Who knows what the future will bring, I do know this, I will never allow myself to be abused again. Hopefully I’ll see the signs. Be prepared for sleepless nights, yes you’ll be exhausted but you’ll wake up at stupid o’clock and be eride awake, try and eat as healthily as you can and drink plenty of water or diluting juice. You can do this. I’m so pleased and so proud of you. What happens from now on are your choices, not his. Remember, he doesnt have the power to control you. Go sister go💚💜💜
      Remember a promise without change is just manipulation.
      💞💞 IWMB

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content