Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

That my ex is just carrying on with life with his new partner and I’m the parent who has all the responsibilities for our son who’s seriously ill. Yes I have support in the home but I’ve still the main responsibility. It really hurts to think of the past and what he did to me and the boys for nearly (detail removed by Moderator) decades but hes now on his second relationship. I feel hes laughing as if to say the problem were all my fault as look at him the big I AM on his second relationship. Whilst him being in a relationship he still tried playing mind games with me offering me lifts to buy new cooker and fit it….etc obviously I refused and have cut him of as he wanted access only in my home and thought it were perfectly normal. Hes used our sons health to try do this but I wont allow it…. when I brought up the past and what be did too us he said I needed help and were psychotic and how I were a liar and he felt sorry for me as I wernt a fit mother…. sorry for rambling. Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Please don’t let him bring you down. You walked away from him and he cannot stand that. That’s why he keeps trying to worm his way back into your life because he has no meaningful life of his own. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Look after yourself x treat yourself and be kind to yourself x

Empoweredhealing
      Participant

I watched a video recently about long term grief after abusive relationships. I’m relatively new out of it, just a couple of years. But I find it to be true. The grief and sadness will visit from time to time. But the pain will lessen. I’m much better now at just acknowledging the emotions without adding any more tension to it. These emotions don’t last forever. Love them, acknowledge them and they’ll recede. In the meantime, continue to cultivate joy and growth. You can do that much better now that abuse is out of your life.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content