Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • #127484

      I did not realise how stressful it is runing away from my parnter . I’ve had phone call after phone call I want to get things from my house because me and my children need clothes and coats but my houseing officer ain’t communicating with me she not very good I wanted to talk to months ago but she never even contacted me . It’s very important that she calls me what can I do ladys I feel so stress out I need to get things out of my house . My houseing officer seams she dont care . They not even taken my name of the tenancy agreement and the rent will be going up and up and up when my partner already got us in to alot of rent arress. I don’t feel well at all I feel like I am talking to my self and how do I apply for a house for me and my children ? Can women aid help me get a house ? I feel so tired I cant sleep properly its horrible.

    • #127491
      Living Warrior

      Hi hun,
      womens aid have a super power of being listened to, but unfortunately they cant help, they can be very persuasive tho.
      i would go higher than your housing officer- ask for the departmental manager, and make a formal complaint.

      i got intouch with the school and school nurse too and they helped push my application along a little.

      ask citezens advice for advice, you may be able to get legal aid

      Legal aid- help & support.
      Domestic abuse or violence
      You might be able to get legal aid if you have evidence that you or your children have been victims of domestic abuse or violence and you cannot afford to pay legal costs.
      You do not have to get evidence before talking to a legal aid solicitor or Civil Legal Advice (CLA), but they’ll need to see it before deciding whether you can get legal aid.
      What counts as domestic abuse for legal aid
      You or your children must have been victims of either:
      domestic abuse or violence
      financial control, for example being stopped from accessing a joint bank account.
      What counts as evidence.
      You’ll usually need to show that you or your children were at risk of harm from an ex-partner.

      You can ask for evidence from:
      the courts
      the police
      a multi-agency risk assessment conference (MARAC)
      social services
      a health professional, for example a doctor, nurse, midwife, psychologist or health visitor
      a refuge manager
      a domestic violence support service
      your bank, for example credit card accounts, loan documents and statements
      your employer, or education or training provider
      the provider of any benefits you’ve received
      Check if you can get Legal Aid.

      you can apply to have him removed from the property.

      these court orders can help keep him away and you and the kids safe.

      The Non-Molestation Order (NMO)- is essentially an injunction aimed at stopping the abuse from a partner or ex-partner (respondent) from ever taking place again. It is a civil order that is granted by a Judge or Magistrates through the Family Court.
      This can include (but is not limited to): Harassment & abuse of any kind, including through the use of phone calls, texts/emails/ social media. Even when contact is presumed to continue due to child contact arrangements.
      These court orders can be drawn up quickly and with as much detail as needed to keep the named person/people safe. Even to the extent of no contact at all unless it goes through family court/solicitors to gain access the child/ren.

      The Prohibited Steps Order (PSO)- is an order granted by the court in family cases which prevents either parent from carrying out certain events or making specific trips with their children without the express permission of the other parent.
      This includes taking the child out of the custody of the other parent, unless agreed by the court.
      This also stops the respondent from taking children out of school without consent, and out of care of friends/family members, without strict permission from the court to do so.

      Occupation order-An occupation order would be an appropriate medium of protection if you consider yourself unsafe living with your partner, perhaps due to being subject to acts of violence and consequently you may have left home but want to return and exclude your abuser. In this way the order regulates who can live in the family home and come within the surrounding area.
      It is worth noting however, that such orders may not work for everyone the same way and in some such cases it may even be counterproductive. The courts do require that there has been a sufficient level of harassment to warrant an intervention order. The abuser must have acted deliberately to harass the applicant.
      Child contact arrangements.
      feel free to message if you need any more information.

    • #127494

      Hello liveing warror

      Thank you so much for all your advice I really appreciate it so much . I am going to go to citzen advice beauro because I am just being ignored by my houseing occation it’s so stressful the only way I could get away from my Parther is run away with out takeing much with me . My houseing officer should phone me it’s just a nightmare I hope I get to the end of this and I now it will take a while just to get clothes and coast would make me happy but my housing not makeing things any better for me I feel they dont care about me its horrible thank you for careing it means alot to me x*x

    • #127516

      Contact your local MP. Mine was fantastic. They have a lot of influence x

    • #127560

      Thank you Kip I will do that xx

    • #127573

      Citizens advise have been brilliant helping me.

    • #127579

      Thank you orangerainbow for your advice I really appreciate it

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content