Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

But I get up again. Nothing’s gonna keep me down.
      Heard that song and had a wow moment. How many times have we ladies been knocked down. I once read that domestic abuse victims are the strongest women on the planet. To survive what we go through and keep getting back up. So today I hope you all have a wow moment. They can knock us down but they can’t keep us down. My ex once said to me I will give you one shot but you better make sure I don’t get back up. This used to scare me, now I think what a total arse. All 6ft 18 stone, what a brave man😂✊️Power to you all. Much love and have a great day 💕

Hello KIP.
      Well done.
      Rather tired today, but my WOW moment consisted of ordering my daughter a brand new bed base.
      This is significant as she has never had a new one in all the time we have been here…
      Me next…
      I am trying to be proud of myself for working on finances, credit union, etc.
      Power to you too.
      ftc
      x

KIP.
      Participant

Yayyy👏 The small steps add up x you should be proud of yourself. Onwards and upwards 👍

fizzylem
      Participant

Glad you’re back! I’ve been knocked down and I’ve stayed down for a long, long time; but now intending to rise from the ashes! x

Shaz
      Participant

Hi KIP

I had such a moment today. I received correspondence from a very dear old friend of mine, something I had been expecting for a while. I knew before I opened it it wasnt going to be great, so actually reading it was a big step. But it was incredibly difficult to read, and at a time when I really am struggling in lots of ways, trying to find some purpose and direction, I admit it stung.

But it probably would have stung me a lot worse (detail removed by moderator) weeks ago. I took the conscious decision to ride above it, and not waste any more of my frequently absent energy on the person. This is incredibly hard for me to do, as they were once (and still are) very dear, but I am worth more than that.

So yes, glad you wrote this post today, I have had a little positive step forward even if it doesnt quite feel like it..

Shaz x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Hi KIP,
      Keep posting as your posts always make me feel better 😀
      Hope you have a great day too x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

My oh said that too KIP, such big men…..

KIP.
      Participant

It never ceases to amaze me how these men say and do exactly the same things. The same patterns. They can’t even be original. It’s quite pathetic really.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content