Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

I’m over the moon. It means that all the stress over my house will soon be over. Solicitor I saw last year said I could not get legal aid, yet the one I just saw managed to get the evidence I needed in 2 days!

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Kitty

Great news xx Hears to a better future xx

FSxx

Freshwaterlilly
      Participant

Hi
      Has anyone on here got legal aid with a doctors letter
      If so how did you fill it in?
      I have a template but not really understanding it
      Iam not happy as it’s saying domestic violence not abuse
      I had one incident of physical abuse but 99% of it is or was as I’ve now left
      Was mental abuse
      Any advice out there please

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Freshwaterlilly

I just wanted to reassure you that the term ‘domestic violence’ covers all aspects of domestic abuse including emotional/mental abuse, financial abuse, harassment, intimidation, coercive control as well as physical and sexual abuse and is often used and often misunderstood because of the word ‘violence’.

You can certainly fill out the form with the examples of abuse you have experienced, they do not need to be physical.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Lisa, this information is helpful for my case. Where can I evidence the fact that domestic violence covers all these types of abuse?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi KIP

The governments definition of domestic violence covers this. This is a link to a web page on the government website which might be useful, or you may find something better by searching the government website a little more.

Take Care

Lisa

positivelyempath
      Participant

Thanks. What is the criteria for legal aid? Is it also based on what you earn?

Efcharisto
      Participant

Hello, I think I would need legal aid in terms of going through civil courts to reclaim some of the damages in terms of psychiatric injury and having to start again with buying possessions and things and I’ve no idea where to start with this. Does anyone know where I can apply? It won’t go through the criminal court, I don’t think.

Lavenderrose
      Participant

I finally got mine after reapplying! Please be sure the GP uses the template correctly as mine was rejected on that basis! X

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content