Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

When my partner was talking about what happend in his past with his mom and dad because his dad hurt his mom he said to me that he said (removed by moderator) .my partner has never talked in this way before it’s quite scary hereing this . His mom and dad past away some years back sence they past away my partner got worse in him self. Why would he tell me this that he said to his mom back then ? This is on my mind and should I worry what his said to me .
      Do I believe what his saying or Is this form of abusive so I get scared .

Most days now I am haveing bad days with my partner giveing me mental toucher and abusive my heart cant cope anymore I get pulplations all the
      Time because of my partner makeing me feeling scared and anxious sometimes thease pupltatons makes me feel I am dieing I feel panic attacks comes on to I get hot sweats its horrible

There been times in my life that I wanted to run away from my partner.

KIP.
      Participant

Trust your gut. You’re already scared and this is more veiled threats. Your mental health won’t improve until you’re away from the cause. Him. Talk to your GP and women’s aid x find your local one x

KIP.
      Participant

Have you read Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven?

Rosemary
      Participant

Hi Kip

Thank you for reaching out to me its right what you are saying I am already scared and now his told me what he was going to do to his dad years ago it’s not nice to even tell me in the first place. If he loved and respect me he would not give it a second chance to even tell me what he was going to do .

I have not read Dominator by pat cravan how could I get to read that please do I google it ?

I will talk to my Gp or women aid.

Thank you for careing i will talk to women aid and my Gp my counsellor his always with me so when I’ve got some space I can contact people who can help me it’s very hard Jue to lockdown haveing little space I have to go in a safe place in my house to write on here or talk to women aid and my counsellor.

Living Warrior
      Participant

hi hun, i agree things wont get better until you are away from the source of you pain.
      https://www.freedomprogramme.co.uk/lwd.php that is a link to living with the dominator- the freedom programme is one that womens aid do advise to read. you can buy the book on amazon and other places, I did the online course it costs £12 and you can return whenever you like to do it, it gives you a copy of the book online and asks you questions throughout to help you know whether you are understanding what it means. It is a great resource. i have done it myself. It shone a light on so many behaviours that i thought was him being nice, but was actually him manipulating me.
      i would advise going to see your local womens aid, they will help you loads and sign post you to other relevant sources.
      Always trust your gut. your body send you signals to warn you “fight or flight” i left my abuser- it isnt over due to having kids together, but it is alot better than it was- i have court orders in place to stop him coming near me or contacting me at all.
      good luck on your journey.

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello liveingwarror

Thank you so much for the link I will look at that also the book would be good to read to understand what I am going thought . I understand somethings but other things i cant get around my head i should go with my heart i just feel scared what would happen if i leave my parnter. I am sure i will get there each step of the way with all the support I am geting

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content