Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ronialys
      Participant

(detail removed by Moderator) ago i had to call the police because he was threatening me with a knife. (detail removed by Moderator) ago i called the police because he was strangling me. his entire family hates me because of it, and will be texting me abuse for the rest of the day. this is such a perfect time to press charges but not only does nobody believe me, i said he could come back to my house, i didn’t want to fill in a domestic abuse form and i don’t want to press charges. why am i so stupid?

ronialys
      Participant

edit to add, i posted literally 3 or 4 days ago here saying i thought he was going to kill me. i love him so so unconditionally that it’s going to kill me

KIP.
      Participant

Take a look at trauma bonding. It’s more likely to be that than love. Love doesn’t hurt us. We don’t fear love. You can ‘love’ him from a distance and still protect yourself. Please call the police back and make that statement. The next step after strangulation is death. Contact your local women’s aid for support. Block his family. How dare they side with a cowardly abuser. The lowest of the low. Men who abuse women. There is nothing to love there. None of this is your fault. Abused women return on average 7 times to an abusive relationship. It’s like brainwashing and you need to build a support network to help you get out of this dangerous situation. All the police again and make that statement. Let them take this out of your hands before it’s too late. He is not your responsibility x

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel … ronialys
      I read and responded to your post the other day … I’m not sure if you saw it.
      Are you living with this man?
      Can you see that you say he tried to kill you (detail removed by Moderator) ago and today you had to call the police… nothing has changed and this situation is not working for either of you, and will only get worse still
      You say you love him but this isn’t what love is, love is kind and gentle and caring and compassionate … not calling the police… what you have with him is entanglement
      If you do love him like you say you do why would you call the police on him … this is not love
      You have to start to love yourself … true love does not hurt people. So if you truly love yourself you will stop hurting yourself by being with this man
      All the love you are pouring into him you need to start pouring into yourself… it is what you are crying out for
      I know you may be thinking its easy for me to say, but my darling I have been there to… I lived with a very dangerous man, so please hear me when I tell you, you deserve a better life than this and there is one waiting for you out there
      Please stay safe
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content