Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      beachhut
      Participant

Hello Ladies,

I have always hated weekends, but they seem even worse now, everyone else seems to be doing things, going out and being together, normal things. But when you have been in a toxic relationship, you don’t know what normal is anymore, the last time I felt this lonely was when my Mother died, it would be so easy to pick up the phone and call or send a message, I know I must not, and this will pass, but I just needed to write this down, read it back and hopefully stay strong.
      I am sure there are others like me today, so let’s all try to look forward knowing we are there for each other.

Take care all,. beachhut Xx

Beautifulday
      Participant

Hi there!
      I dislike weekends too im still in the relationship and he’s off on weekends I dread them lately I try to go for walks or keep myself busy. He works mon-fri in a non stressful job yet makes out its so stressful. His weekends are for him to “chill and relax” even though we have a house that’s in dire need of renovation and I dont just mean painting and general up keep but plastering, flooring, knocking back etc . When I signed for the house had doubts as it was a reno but he assured and promised we would make it into a home so i signed. Few years down a line a few rooms have been done through me keeping on, ive sorted builders and people. And I’m still living in squalor. My bathroom is terrible. On his days off I have to build up courage to ask him to do simple tasks and then its met with an instant annoyed face, sometimes he won’t even look up at me, and will say DONT NAG ME! The more you nag the less I do. This is my day to relax, I then walk off upset. Yet when he chooses on the rare occaasion to do something its like he’s done everything and I should be so happy. I look at my work friends relationships and then work as a team get things done compromise, the man usually wants his wife to be happy wants to get things done, not my H.
      Weekends for me are long, lonely, depressing and I think why am I still here!! Im literally crying writing this its just so so horrible

Tracker
      Participant

Hi beachhut

It’s hard isn’t it seeing others go about so happily being busy on the weekends.
      Have you tried taking up a new hobby or doing something just for you? Perhaps going to the gym?
      I don’t know if you have kids. I do and try to busy myself with them but it’s hard if you go to the park for example and see all the seemingly happy families and I just feel so alone. I dont have any close friends or family so suffer badly from loneliness. And I dont think I will ever meet anyone as my self esteem is very low at times and I have always been shy.

Anyway keep busy, you will soon find a new normal I’m sure I suppose it just takes getting used to

Anonymous
      Inactive

I always think the end of a relationship, even an awful abusive one, is like a bereavement. It is letting go of all the things that you hoped for the future, and that will now never happen.

I hope you managed to get through today OK. One day at a time.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content