Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunflowersunshine
      Participant

I got through today without thinking of any of the bad. I even got to have a casual conversation about my past that didn’t break me. It was like I was talking about one of those guys I dated as a teenage who made me cry when they got the wrong chocolate. I’m not that opinionated except on food and food brands I do and don’t like lol. I could breathe today. My work almost upset me and I was able to hold my boundary. I was able to articulate myself and assert a boundary. I’m really proud of that. I wasn’t rude I was clear and protected myself. It seems like such a stupid thing to be proud of. But I’m delighted.

It was a good day. Here’s hoping for many more to come.

nbumblebee
      Participant

I love this I just love it. Go you đź’ś

Ariadne
      Participant

Yeeees! I’m so happy for you! I recall when I also started learning about setting boundaries and it was such a huge thing for me, putting it into practice. You have every right to feel super proud of that! You’re settling into yourself again. Rejoice 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content