Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Queen
      Participant

I have been in this relationship for (removed by moderator)yrs with 3 kiddos. I am so ready to leave but I just don’t know how safely. He is currently on probation for his abuse towards me. I am supposed to be moving soon to a different city and I don’t want him to come with me. Although the physical abuse has subsided, he is still verbally and emotionally abusive as well as financially. He has ran through our saving and now we are having to pawn things just to get by. I would a full time job but I can’t afford bills and his habits which makes us fall short. The abuse usually arises when there is some sort of financial stress (although he is the cause). He blames his unemployment on me because “(removed by moderator)”. I am just trying to find a safe and effective way to get rid of him for good. It’s hard because without physical abuse, there’s nothing I can legally do. He has already requested (removed by moderator) for the move. I’m just afraid because I know I am more of a risk of leaving then just sticking it out. But how long before I get out. This is the hardest thing I ever experienced in life. He threatens to kill me if I leave and if he can’t find me, he will go after my family and friend and kill as many as he can. I try not to self blame but I can’t help but wonder how did I allow myself to put my kids and myself in this situation???

Stuckinturmoil
      Participant

This is awful so sorry you are going through this.
      I am quite new to all this but I am sure emotional abuse is a crime now. He doesn’t have to physically hurt you.
      Can you go back to the police and tell them that you do not feel safe and get him taken away?
      Threats to your life should be reported. Please call the police.
      He is a drain on your finances too that you will need to start over. I know myself it is easy to give advice on the internet and much harder to actual do for real for all sorts of reasons. I do not believe you are safe. Get him taken away. He seems to have prior convictions so hopefully it will be taken seriously. Can you not get an injunction on him not to come near you? I know he sounds like the type of person to break the rules though.
      If you get him taken away can you just get all your stuff together and move somewhere away from him before he he gets out?
      Don’t give up getting rid of him.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content