Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

For a long time my partner been makeing me and my children jump out of our skin he does this more to me than my children. His had a break in not makeing me jump but he started again. I dont understand what he gets out of it when I told him that my heart goes fast with pupltatons when his makeing me jump he thinks it’s funny I think his gave me a bad heart for all the years I’ve put up with this silly behaviour. My children are more
      Grown up than there dad. Its horrible feeling pupltatons in my heart with out him makeing me jump I feel like my hearts come out of my chest when his makeing me jump I told him not to do that but he carry on to a other day in makeing me jump .he makes me feel on eggshells with out makeing me jump and when he makes me Jump out of my skin I feel like I am going to have heart attack is this a way of trying to get my attention? I never laughed when his doing this but why he finds it funny I dont now but I wish he would stop makeing me jump he makes me nervous as it is .

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… Rosemary,
      This man is a complete bully and he is intimating you.
      I can imagine that it must be awful walking on eggshells all the time, waiting for him to scare you.
      I know you say that you don’t laugh when he does it, but try to not have any reaction at all. At the moment you telling him it gives you palpitations is exactly what he wants, this is his reward for doing it to you. Don’t be his victim, start to stand in your own power.
      You also need to be thinking of an exit plan to get away from this man, no one should be living their lives treading on eggshells, start believing that there is another way.
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you for reaching out to me Darcy
      I agree with what your saying my partner must love doing this to intimidate me is horrible I tell him that his giveing me pulplations hopeing he stop but like you said the more I tell him its affecting me the more his going to do it my lovely he just gets me down and I feel I have to tell him when his in the wrong but it dont help because he sont listen to me . I want to leave but have a fear and I am scared how can I feel strong Darcy just to leave ? Have you been In this situation were you had to leave your parnter or husband? You are makeing me feel stronger by giveing me surport thank you so much Darcy for your love and surport

Darcy
      Participant

You have to keep working on your inner strength this will in turn give you the power to leave and stay left.
      Your partner wants validation for him bad behaviour but you are right he doesn’t understand or care about your feelings so don’t waste your time or energy on telling him. Instead use that energy and plough it back into yourself.
      Its an everyday practice but the work you put into yourself will start to pay off and lead you to a better life. Look at it like going to the gym, you don’t just get a six pack, you have to work at it daily to achieve the result you want, the same is true of the mind… keep training it and that strength will come.
      I thought I’d never get out but once I changed my thinking around I was out of there quicker than I could have ever imagined leaving.
      Stay strong
      D xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Darcy that really makes sense to me what your saying to work on my self care about my heath and give my self strength to give me power to leave . Useing work out as an example is a good idea and I understand what you mean. My partner never care about my feelings he always says they are wrong he dont respect my body elther. Thank you for everything it means alot to me

Darcy
      Participant

This is your time now to start caring about your feelings and respecting your body …it has to start from within. If you don’t care for yourself first and foremost no one else will in this relationship or relationships to come.
      Love yourself my darling you are a unique and beautiful person. There is only one of you in this world so start turning that light up inside of you and get ready to shine bright xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Darcy your words are beautiful. Its right what your saying I care about my self but it’s just feeling anxious and scared what would happen if I leave my relationship I now I will get the surport I need when this happens. I’ve lived in abusive aggressive controling relationship for years it has got to much and it’s made me feel weak I have my days were I am feeling abit strong but soon as my partner gets abusive I grt pupltatons come in my heart of feeling scared just his voice is enuff for me to here its horrible I will get there my lovely . Thank you Darcy your words are positive and it gives me strength ❤ x*x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content