Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

I can’t remember the last time i slept through the night. Before i couldn’t fall asleep, now when i do i keep on waking every few hrs. The latest thing is im waking in a panic that im going to be late and everything is going to go wrong. I never realized when i was with him that not everything was my fault, that sometimes things go wrong. Hes going to find out that i reported him to the police at some point, i have choose not to press charges and feel sometimes its the right thing for me and other times I feel weak for not doing it. I just think a good night sleep would help 😔

Sleepypigeon
      Participant

Hi, please try not to be so hard on yourself. I to have trouble sleeping since being free. I’m so tired I fall asleep but rarely stay asleep long. I have recently tried listening to meditation before bed to try and set a relaxing routine and unwind. Sometimes it helps other times not. But my support worker has encouraged me to keep doing it and hopefully it will work. We have been conditioned by these men to worry, be confused, and blame ourselves for their abuse. Your doing great so far for getting out, you are stronger than you think and you can do this.i can’t tell you what to do regarding charges that is entire your choice, but you are far from weak, this is only what he has made you think. You got this and in time it will get easier.I’m hoping to for a full night sleep and have to keep telling myself it will happen and i just have to preserve. Sending hugs x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content