Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Greencat
      Participant

Well I’m having a really bad day. It’s so complicated I know I can’t say anything identifying but here goes. I’ve just found out that for months my ex has manipulating a family member of mine, social work, and others involved in an ongoing situation. I guess this is the smear campaign and isolation (from my family). He successfully got my family member on his side and one particular social worker. It terrifies me that he could get custody of our child because of the backing he gets. It feels like he is just too powerful to fight. He is too clever to leave any substantial evidence to take to police. It’s like being trapped, or cornered with nowhere to go. It really feels like this will never end.

On top of all of this I’ve been reading a book about coercive control and abuse (Why does he do that? I’d recommend it to anyone). It’s really highlighted to me that actually there was a significant sexual.element to the abuse he inflicted on me. (Detail removed by moderator).

I’m going to speak to my WA worker tomorrow and I’ve already spoken rape crisis and have a call booked with them on Tuesday. I just wanted to out all of this into words.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Greencat,

How are you doing? I hope it helped to offload here.
      Did you speak to your WA worker today? I hope it was helpful and I hope your call with Rape Crisis goes well tomorrow. Well done for reaching out for support, keep posting to us when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content