Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Suntree
      Participant

After reading a few things on the forums here some rang a little bell in my head.
      This is just one thing.

I went to a few parenting evening which was on a blanket offer to everyone with school aged children.
      The person who took these started off by letting everyone there know because we were attending no matter how we felt at times we were good parents. She had in her role seen plenty of bad parents and that we off our own backs out of our own time wanted to come to these session was a sign we were not bad parents.

Sitting in the group was a person I thought I would see again someday, but not at these meetings.
      The last time I met this person she was trying to convince everyone she could including the court that she was an expert about my parenting and that I was a bad parent to my children and was harming them and my mental health was an issue. She almost succeeded, if I had rolled over and broken as she wanted and tried to and let her and him do what they wanted to me and the kids.

So here we have the same person who is an “expert” on parenting at a meeting to get advice on her own parenting, who is a bully in a job that allows her to exercise this under the pretext of “helping the children” doing her utmost to hide from me and then brings in extra support for the following sessions where she literally hides behind them.
      There I am on my lonesome. I did b****y well.

I refrained from filling her in on how she damaged my children and what he was up to and the abuse they carried on suffering which escalated at his hands because of her.

I refrained from asking her why “as the expert on other mothers and how they parent” why she needed to come to a basic course like this? Was she having issues with her own child?

I refrained from asking was her life very stressful at the moment because of the way she was presented?

I refrained from dragging things up and making one hell of a complaint against her to her work. I am well within my rights to do this.

I refrained from telling her never to go near my children again and if she did I would be putting a harassment report in against her.

I refrained from not going to the other sessions.

What I did was look at all of the above and work out what was best for me and for my family.

I will bump into her again, I do so with my head held high.

The best bit about moving on and even the flash backs I am getting is that I can feel who I am, who I always was rather than someone who was surviving and abused.

I like me.
      I like I am not vindictive.
      I like I put my family first.
      I like I now put myself first.
      I like I am brave.
      I like that I care.
      I like that I learn.
      I like that I can walk with my head held high.
      I like I can forgive myself.
      I like I am my children’s safe place.
      I like I am the wonderful person I always have been.
      I am not just a good parent I am a Fabulous one
      I love I have the most Amazing Children anyone could ask for.

KIP.
      Participant

What a lovely positive post. You were always that person x

Suntree
        Participant

KIP thank you.

Serenity
      Participant

Fantastic, Suntree! X

Daisy
      Participant

I really like this post sun tree,
      And admire his you have stayed true to you inspite of all that you have faced
      X x x

Suntree
      Participant

Thank you all x

White Rose
      Participant

Lovely post. Well done for every single thing you do x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content