Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbowcloud
      Participant

So it’s the weekend and the fun starts. I asked if we can go out next weekend well no we can’t we don’t have the money and he’s been paid so all I see is pound signs and I’m a money grabber I can’t afford meals so why should he pay etc.
      Then I’m eating and every time I eat lately he says I’m loud when I eat and don’t close my mouth properly so he’s like do you eat like this in public your embarrassing. It’s really upset me every time I eat now he says something so I feel paranoid when I’m eating.
      Just a nasty horrible person w

KIP.
      Participant

Yep, these comments are designed to destroy your self esteem. He feels big by breaking you down and ridiculing you. It’s not about how you eat. It’s about his power to abuse you. Your mental health and self esteem plummets while his soars. It always gets worse x

fizzylem
      Participant

Yes he did the same to me and yet he was the pig at every meal when he ate! Even licked his plate which I found horrid but I always kept quiet about that – cos this is what kind folk do hey, they dont criticse and consider how the other person may feel – which is totally missing here. Know what you mean though, it draws it into your attention doesn’t it, turns it into an issue. It’s codswallop of course! We’ve all got to eat! I’d put my head phones on or something like – ignore him! Zone him out – give no heat to the fire x

Yellowflower
      Participant

My ex used to say exactly the same thing to me and my children. To the point I avoided eating anything noisy near him. Apparently it made him feel sick and it’s very unattractive.. I really don’t think I eat loudly. Yet he would burp and f**t while eating and I never said a word. It grossed me out but I wouldn’t put him down like that. That’s because we wouldn’t do that for to someone we can’t make people feel that c****y xx

I’m sorry you have this too. I didn’t realise this was common. Mine did it. I can’t eat around him anymore. I feel too self conscious. Do you have any support? It’s so hard dealing with it without support. xx

Rainbowcloud
      Participant

Wow I didn’t realise this was a common thing with them I’m relieved I’m not the only one that has this insult well I am sorry you guys have to put up with this too. I’ve started eating in the kitchen in another room now because of what he says it’s degrading to me and I don’t need to hear degrading remarks.
      His insult backfired because I don’t eat with him now he’s like oh stop being silly etc belittling how he makes me feel once again!
      I’m having another terrible weekend with this man 🙁

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content