Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

We’re in and settled. I’ve never felt so safe in my life. Support staff here are wonderful and so easy to talk to and down to earth. Lovely communal lounge, nice big kitchen and most importantly lovely garden for the children to play. Don’t know what I was so scared about. I now realise “home” never actually felt like home. This feels like home more then ever.
      Only thing is although I said I feel safe I’m just petrified he will find out I’m here and make me feel stupid. Make out he’s this amazing bloke and say I never needed to go to refuge etc and potentially make things worse. So I am slightly paranoid that staff know him or he sees me but I do know deep down that’s just my anxiety feeling paranoid, just wish it would shift or need help dealing with it.
      If anyone is offered refuge please do it!!! With the support staff here it feels like your mum or a friend is here to protect you

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Whenwillifindhappiness

What wonderful news! Really am so happy for you such a lovely feeling. So glad you feel so supported and protected by the women there, they will try t do all they can to keep supporting you.

That paranoid feeling, yes ver much so here. I was terrified he was hot on our heels, and I was so terrified of everything, that it was extremely hard to be anywhere.

It was the best stepping stone it could have been considering all the drama that we suffered, an an assault. There was drugs and security breaches with men coming in, which really rocked our safety. Without all that it is the best place to be; make the most of it, keep yourself safe and enjoy the freedom and support its given you.

It doesn’t matter what he thinks, you are only there because everyone else agrees with you, not him.

Hope you have a lovely sunny day, your first of many!

Warmest wishes ts

naturallyravenblack
      Participant

Glad you are happy and safe at your refuge. I am due to go to one with my children next week and am abit apprehensive but after another incident happened with my perpetrator last night i know I’m.making the right decision. X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content