Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      FruitLoops
      Participant

Even though I know I’ve done the right thing, I miss him terribly. I hate the thought he is hurting that I’ve gone and he will move on, i cant comprehend the fact I’m told he didnt love me truly. He left me answerphone messages saying how I wore things that made me look slaggy and I’m a dirty s**g etc, then text my mum cause I changed my number apologising for what he had said and said he was devastated and I am perfect to him (apart from my tantrums because of course hs has to make at least one negative comment about me)

My heart genuinely hurts at leaving and losing him, I keep remembering all the good lovely times with him. I keep thinking I’ll never be able to find or trust anyone new in future that will replace him. Due to leaving I’ve lost the home I loved, but I’ve regained all my friends which is keeping me going. Please tell me I will get over him and feel strong again. I dont know how to be a single person anymore, how to function without someone to cuddle me in a morning or at night in bed, I keep trying to remember all the nasty things he did and said but I feel like its fading after the first few weeks.

hop
      Participant

Well done for leaving him. If I were you I’d tell people that you don’t want to hear any messages through them from him. Try not to live in the future. You need to heal from what’s happened to you. Your life is worth so much more than hugs off your abuser. Let yourself be allowed to get over this trauma. In time you will be ready to move on but until then heal yourself, you deserve happiness

diymum@1
      Participant

I was torn to shreds by my ex and I’m recovering and I like who I am again. Getting away was the best thing for my life to improve and although your hurting this will pass. With each day you’ll have different feelings anger hurt betrayal and good days where you find your self laughing with people who truly care about you. One day you’ll catch yourself laughing again from the souls of your feet and that’s when you know things will get better. It does take time patience and much much more belief that you will recover xx believe you are strong 💪 because you are xx 😘

FruitLoops
      Participant

Thankyou!! Its normal to miss them, right? I mean he wasnt always the devil, he was often affectionate and loving and passionate, but it was about a 70/30 split, the 30% being the nice, the 70 being this angry, sulky, foul mouthed and cruel man. I miss his cuddles. But I don’t miss feeling terrified to express my feelings and even ask a question at times.

Escapee
      Participant

Hi fruitloops,

It is normal to miss them. They have been apart of our lives for so long and yes, sometimes it was good.

When I first left, I first felt relieved then that faded and I missed him terribly, I cried constantly. It does get easier as time moves on.

I too can’t imagine being able to trust another man ever again or have one in my life that is not him but I realise that I am still healing and probably will be for a long time. Just remember the mantra “baby steps”. I still have days when I can’t drag myself out of my PJs or venture beyond the bin outside my front door. BUT it will keep getting better – I’m still very early days.

Sending you a big supportive hug ♥️ Xxxx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I’m like you Escapee, can’t imagine ever being with anyone else, thing is part of me still wants him but know it’s only the nice him, and he’s only on show to keep me. He’s on his best behaviour trying to win me back. I have some contact, he’s pulling out all the stops to make me feel sorry for him. Thing is it isn’t working, I’m still planning behind the scenes once my own place comes up that that’ll be me. I love my own company, my own space, but while he’s still in my life even a tiny bit, I’m not able to totally move on. In the meantime, I keep learning, getting stronger and saving. We do this our way,its not everyone’s way, but we do what we do to survive it.😔

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content