Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lotus20
      Participant

hi
      I am planing my leave, it has been more than long and getting too late, I am now worried about the damage to my little one but also the threat that has verbalized that he would take my baby away from me.
      I have been contacting shelters and refuges, but i have not yet been successful. I am also worried about COVID, I really need help as i am from a minority background here and have no family.

Sleepy
      Participant

I hope you can find the help you need. I am not sure what’s the best thing to do but hoping that someone on here will have an idea.

Lotus20
      Participant

Thank you sleepy. Everything is very scary and stressful at the moment. But I can only try my best and hope somethinf good would happen. Thabjsbagin.

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Hi Lotus20, have you accessed support from your local domestic abuse service in order to contact shelters and refuges, or have you done this by yourself? How have you managed to find contact details for shelters and refuges to contact?

Just wondering, if you haven’t spoken to your local domestic abuse service, whether it is worth doing that so that they can try to help you to find a shelter, or refuge.

If you haven’t already, it may also be worth contacting your GP to let them know your experiences and concerns. If you let them know that you are struggling to get out and find somewhere- they may be able to advocate for you and refer you into services?

Lotus20
      Participant

Hi soulsearcher

Thank you for your message. I have called them but it is very challenging as I am not a british citizens and finally one came back to me and hopefully will here from them on Monday.
      I called the GP on Friday evening and hoepfuly will hear from a case worker next week.
      I feel under so much pressure and so close to my limit. Really need to talk to someone. Hoep things don’t go worst than this. So scared and helpless.
      Thanks again.

Escapee
      Participant

Hi Lotus20

If you really need someone to talk to you can call the Samaritans….there’s someone available at all times. They are wonderfully supportive and nonjudgmental.

I hope you get the help you so badly need tomorrow xx

Sleepy
      Participant

Hi again, Hope between the GP and others you can get the help you need. So sad it’s harder because you’re not a British citizen. I don’t know if you have any faith background but I’m sure if you contacted a faith leader in your area, whether Christian, Muslim or any other they would at least listen as you wait for other help to come along.
      There is also a text messaging service called SHOUT if you want to off load a bit.
      Sleepy

Lotus20
      Participant

Hi sleepy,

Thank you for your support. I will definitely contact them whilst waiting for my GP to come back to me. Yes it is very hard to be discriminated and I know he has taken advantage of the fact that I don’t have anyone or support here.

Once again thank you.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content