Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      WhiskyRose
      Participant

This sounds very sad but I’m struggling! I have been lucky enough to get counselling sessions from a charity to help with my situation, but they can only do evening sessions… I don’t want to tell him where I’m going as it will just blow up… I need some help!

Where can I say I’m going in the evening once a week???

Thanks in advance!

Trapped.
      Participant

Hi there.

Can you tell him it’s counselling but but general counselling?

Hope you’re okay.

Trapped.

gettingtired
      Participant

I was going to suggest what Trapped has said.
      Mine thinks I have general counselling which probably delights him as he thinks I’m the problem of everything in life and I need help! When actually it’s private counselling I’m having to help me hopefully unravel myself from the relationship. Good luck x

Gazebo
      Participant

Can I ask how you manage to get the counselling who did you contact? X*x

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Gazebo

Try Googling “Hub of Help” and also “IAPT” followed by your area eg “IAPT Leeds”.

If your area has IAPT, it is a self referral scheme so no need to go via your GP.

Hub of Help shows mental health charities in your area. xx

WhiskyRose
        Participant

Hi Gazebo, I have it through relate and managed to get funding from the (detail removed by moderator) charity, though I am sure there are lots of other charities. I found the hardest thing was to ask for it but I’m so glad I did. Best of luck x*x

Eggshells
      Participant

There’s also the “Women’s Trust” who offer free counselling to survivors of domestic abuse.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content