Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Im stuck i have a mortgage nowhere to go. No-one reallt understand the torture and torment I go though. I am a good person (detail removed by Moderator) I cant cope anymore. Its constant mental and physical abuse he jsut goes on and on and on says things and then I snap and its all my fault. Im so anxious and stressed. I went to the gp she said if it carries on she was call social services I honestly have nobody.

KIP.
      Participant

Please call the domestic abuse helpline number. It’s 24/7. Call your local women’s aid. I was frozen like you are and I needed outside agencies to step in for me. The police helped remove him from my home. The solicitor got an occupation order to prevent his return along with bail conditions. There is help out there. You need to dig deep and reach out for help. If your GP thinks you’re in danger then they have a duty if care to you and your children. Abuse thrives on silence and I know you’re scared but you’re suicidal just like I was and it can’t get much worse than that. Ring the domestic abuse police and report him. Try to keep evidence to of the abuse. Any texts or emails or photographs of injuries.

Meekgeek
      Participant

Like Kip says, call the Helpline. You are not on your own. There are people who can help and support you. I was suicidal and considered everything hopeless, it’s a dark, lonely place. Call the helpline or Samaritans and just talk. It’s confidential and these good folk listen. They will give you all the help you need and take it because you deserve it.

Speechlessmum
      Participant

You are not alone in feeling stuck. I think that is one of the reasons victims stay – they can’t see a way out.
      I’m not saying it will be easy but by seeking help and advice you will find a way out of your nightmare. You deserve to be happy, we sometimes have to fight for it!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content