Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

Hello one of my children has a girlfriend/ boyfriend to keep my child safe I will say girlfriend or boyfriend. My child is refusing to come home I’ve breakdowns to the point I can’t stop crying my child think of the girlfriend or boyfriend more than me it hurts me very much
      My children getting angry all because he or she wants to stay with girlfriend or boyfriend. My child has told me that she or he will never come back home wants to live with the girlfriend or boyfriend. What worry me that women aid had put flags or certain areas that we can’t live in because of domestic violence my child is in a area that has been flaged up so we can’t go there this why we had to move to a different attempury accommodation. My children are getting fed up keep haveing to move to different places which is makeing there mental health worsen . I’ve asked the police to get my child back home because at risk of domestic violence they are not interested they will not bring the child home to me . I’ve also contacted social services they don’t have the powers to bring the child home even thoe my child is at risk in the are she or he is in . Can anyone like women aid or domestic abuse helpline help get my child back home to me also the father and his family shop in the same area as where my child is staying we moved away because we are at high risk but no one seams to understand when I tell them that. Is there any other help I can get I have profe that we escape the area my child should be with me so she or he is safe . The problem is my children can’t settle down keep moveing place to place is makeing my children mental health worse. The police said if I get a letter of profe that my child needs to be removed being at risk they will bring my child back I think this is all wrong. I feel stress out and I don’t now who to turn to. My child partner is very controlling over my child . I would of thought if my child is at risk and she or he not ment to be in the area because of domestic abuse I would of thought the police would of brought she or he home to me .

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Rosemary

Am I hearing you right, that your ‘child’ has moved in with another child as they are dating? or just a friend thats offered for them to stay, but its in the flagged area?

The police should certainly not be supporting underage intimate relationships if thats what this is.

AS SS have a plan in place shouldn’t they be intervening, or was it only WA.

Sorry its a bit late for me to function properly, but I didn’t wnat to read and run.

Thinking of you

warmest wishes

ts

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Twisted sister

You are right it’s my child going out either a other child that Is older I wish I could tell you there ages . I will be phoneing woman aid when they open to see if they can help me because the police did not care one bit there are some areas that are flagged up my child is staying in that area also I worry about my child mental health my child refused to come home. The police told me the age my child is he or she can do what they want as long they are safe but the area not safe that’s the problem. I am intouch with women aid they sent me profe to say me and my children should be moved to a more safer place.

Thank you for careing

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Rosemary

Oh I’m sorry. I see. yes.

I’m glad that WA have got your back and given you some proof of the risk your child is at.

I hope that does mean a lot to you and helps your belief in yourself and what you are fighting for.

I wish I could quote the law, but if they are under 16 they cannot stay away, as far as I’m aware, not without your say so as their parent and protector. I believe there’s pressure to increase the age of consent but I’m pretty sure parental consent is only required under 16 still.

I despair at the police sometimes and I wonder if its because they see so much that their own boundaries get eroded. I don’t know, just seems bizarre the more I read of the police response. Its odd but I’ve literally just seen an ad for joining up, and the subject matter is a domestic violence incident with a woman police officer supporting the woman victim, which is something I’ve never seen before. Maybe theres hope for better acknowledgement for women and children suffering as you are. Not that it will help you now.

I hope you get a good response tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content