Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

to call me back and no one rang all day. You know when you feel so low you just think there is an opportunity to be alone and do something drastic. It wouldn’t take too long. That shows my mind still holds some form of strength and hope or I would just do it instead of telling it on the forum.

I want to swear and say f… it!

Whathaveidone
      Participant

stay strong Bridget Jones is free. I kept calling the helpline number and not leaving a message but when I did, I think a lady got back to me the next day – it felt like such a long time. I was calling lots of elplines but most of the lines were too busy or call back later. I felt so scared and overwhelmed it was either end me or end this with police.

All I’m saying is that someone will be get back you and it feels like forever when you are waiting.

Hugs xx

Ayanna
      Participant

Do not give up Bridget. Keep ringing them. I hope you got someone on the phone today.
      I too get easily frustrated with these lines. It feels as if nobody cares and you are all alone.
      Keep posting here and we will answer you and listen to you. Maybe we can also help with some little ideas.
      All these charities are overworked and many people there work for free.
      Domestic abuse is such a huge issue and instead of expanding services to meet the demands the government shuts down the services one by one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content