Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      marmaladechamp
      Participant

(detail removed by moderator)

He started trying to talk about why I left, saying that he felt he deserved more .(detail removed by moderator) Said I’d left him completely in the dark with no money. He did have money, I transferred him half of our savings. He just always has to have someone telling him what to do. I started to feel sad about his messages and thought maybe I will just reply but then I remembered I dont owe him anything. I wrote that letter to clearly express how I was feeling and why I was leaving him. Although I didn’t give him specific examples of his behaviour I didn’t need to. He knows the things he’s said. I told him over and over again how I felt. I am tired of explaining why his behaviour was making me feel bad.

The realisation that I dont owe him anything and I dont have to respond to his messages made me feel strong. I am in control of my life and if I dont want to explain something for the 100th time I dont have to.

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

This sounds like quite the breakthrough, well done. You are absolutely right. You owe him nothing. He is an adult and needs to learn to take care of himself – and it’s also clear that you explaining over and over again changed nothing, so there is really no point in explaining it again. You are indeed in control of your life now x Keep going x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content