Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

i bumped into an old friend yesterday. i really didn’t want to stop and talk. he took one look at me and instantly knew i was in a bad place and something was wrong. he put his arms around me and gave me a massive hug. later he knocked on my front door with two bunches of flowers and a box of chocolates to cheer me up. what a lovely thing my ex never once bought me a bunch of flowers never did anything nice for me the ale always came priority. that small gesture meant so much he didn’t want anything from me only to show his friendship a shoulder to cry on. so there is some nice genuine men still out there men that get overlooked for these evil practices that set out to ruin us women its sad really sad

lover of no contact
      Participant

Ah that is so sweet. What a lovely man and a lovely thing to do to comfort you. It’s good to be reminded that their are nice, genuine men out there. It’s a shame how the abusive ones dominate our thoughts and our lives and always get to hook us nice, genuine girls first before the nice men have a chance.

Thanks for sharing that. I’ve always thought kindness is the greatest quality.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content