Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mime
      Participant

So I told him he needs to go, pack his bags. The last straw was seeing how he treats our child and feeling helpless to stop it.

I said to myself, you have to decide – do you put him first or our child? And the answer was clear. So I told him to leave. And remarkably he did.

He went to his mums’s and then I packed his things and went to drop them off – he was out at the time. When I said to his mum I had his things in the car, and for him not to come back, she begged me to take him back- because she said he couldn’t stay with her. Not even for one more night.

So he’s back again and now he’s punishing me for packing up his things – he says I had no right. So it’s the silent treatment, the hateful stares and muttering nasty things about me under his breath, the hateful words and insults if I say anything at all to him. I really think he deep down hates me.

I’m being apologetic and submissive, like I do. Saying I didn’t mean it, I’m sorry.

I know he had no intention of going anywhere for long. He liked the thought of some time away, and now he’s back to make sure I don’t step out of line again.

Next time though, I’ll plan better. I hope I have the strength to go through with it.
      I’m scared I won’t.

Eyesopening
      Participant

I had to leave without him knowing, because if he was infront of me, I wouldn’t have the strength, I would also be apologetic and submissive. I was on the phone after I had left even! I only talked to him a couple times then realized there is no going forward if I have contact with him like this. xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well done for leaving once. With many of us it takes several goes.

More power to your elbow. Any which way and do what it takes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wondering what the status of your accomodation is?

Rented? Joint tenants? Your name on tenancy?

I would involve an outside agency at this point to help.

Situation likely to escalate.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Why did his mum say he had to leave there and then, just wondering if he was being abusive there, very unfair you were expected to take him back. As others have said take some advice, contact woman’s aid, it’s going to get worse by sounds of it x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content