Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

It was just fantastic. Totally totally wonderful.
      It was my favourite hobby since I am very small and I completely forgot to pick it up again.
      So today I went and bought myself a bikini. First I wanted to cover up the damages my depression has done last year but then I decided nope, this is me, I am not covering up anything, I bought a bikini that I really love, marine style, just one size up.
      It was such a nice feeling to be in the water again. I am in better shape than I expected, my muscles haven’t all gone and cardio is fine too for the beginning.
      What a nice feeling to rediscover a forgotten hobby. 😌🏊‍♀️
      (Detail removed by moderator).

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Such an inspiring post, thank you💞 my favourite hobbies,well passions were (detail removed by moderator). One day I’ll take them back up.
      IWMB 💕💕

Doris
      Participant

(Detail removed by moderator) was my hobby but somehow it got lost in the past. (Detail removed by moderator). One day I’ll (detail removed by moderator).
      X*X

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

It is unbelievable how they take away everything from us. I didn’t remember how important swimming was for me. I can’t believe I didn’t go earlier. I am going again today, catching up lost times 🙂

IWMB, I know you will be able to do both, (detail removed by moderator) again. I though about you the other day as I know you are being active following your plans and I sent a prayer your way, praying for your safety and surrounded and protected by every single Scotsman dead or alive, the entire army of William Wallace around you to protect you and carry you to your freedom 💪

Doris, (detail removed by moderator) keep going, they can’t stop our dreams to come true, our hopes stay alive no matter how hard they try to destroy us.
      (Detail removed by moderator).

Much love to you both 💞 📒🖌🐴🦄

Iwantmeback
        Participant

HLJ, you literally made me laugh out loud there picturing the Indy movement behind me carrying me through this. The Wallace was a beautiful touch, Thig ar Latha(Our day will come) I heard Laby Syfrey? ‘Something inside so strong ‘the other day, such a wonderful song for everyone who is oppressed, whether domestically, politically or religiously💪💕

HopeLifeJoy
        Participant

☺️ hihi, yes the picture was so clear in my head for you, it was absoulutely essential that you were protected 👍
        Great lyrics! ‘Something inside us so strong’ indeed once we find our way back to ourselves the flame inside us keeps growing steadily strong 💪🔥

I’ve got another song, a vid I want to share, it’s a totally different genre;
        ‘Buongiorno a te’ (it means good morning to you) it’s a song by Luciano Pavarotti, itms just a feel good song, you can google the title, the video is right there, it’s full of lovely pastel paintings about people enjoying summer time, it just shows how life could be again 😌 ☀️🌸 🎵

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Oops it got edited a bit, for our own protection, as too identifiable for the ones still in relationships, but the msg remaining is how important it is to do remember and never forget the passions and hobbies we love to do the most as they recharge us like nothing else 😌💕

DamagedGoods
      Participant

So cool to hear positive posts….go girls, go!

At one point we all had hopes & dreams & things that made us smile…. and then, they were torn apart or even completely destroyed.
      We all gave them up. For him. To please him. To stop him being angry or mean.
      That is not the way life should be.
      We are all important, we ARE.
      Try remember the wonderful things your teachers and parents and grandparents and sisters and brothers used to say about you. They weren’t lying. HE is.
      And you know, your kids need you to be THAT person.

I wish I could pick all of you up and put you in the life you deserve.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’re picking each other up, DG.

I’ve gone back to the much loved charity work I did in my free time before I met my ex and it feels great. And catching up with friends and family he made it his mission to separate me from. Watching what I like on TV. Walks in the beautiful countryside round here. Rearranging furniture, painting every room. Starting a veg patch.

I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t still hurt, but it hurt while he was here and I had no freedom at all. And no money; most of what I earned went on alcohol.

Oh, and I’m going on holiday. Only in the UK, but I just can’t wait.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi DG, yes we gave up so much to please our abusers, without even notice it really, to the detriment of our well being, it’s the drop drop torture of giving up everything dear to us.
      I hope you have rediscovered your deepest passions 🙂

Landy, I love your little phrases, we do pick each other up here, thank goodness for this magical contagious strength and love amongst us, it is lifting us up to reach our dreams.
      How nice you have found what you love to do and keep going, unstopable you 😃
      It is fine to feel hurt, then we come here to get it soothed and made better and off we go again to live our lives.
      I wish you wonderful holidays, how great and exiting, the UK is a gorgeous place, plenty to see and do 💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you, HLJ. It’s still up and down and I still miss him every day. But I am also enjoying my new life without fear or the frustration of being controlled. You guys have helped me so much x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I feel for you Landy 😌 the love and missing them can’t just be switched off…I haven’t experienced that it ever will…I still feel a lot of tenderness for both my abusers on some days.
      It does get better though, you won’t be missing him every day at some point, the feeling does fade away, similar to the fog on autumn mornings when the sun shines through…until then; honor your feelings by feeling them safely = without contacting him.
      You are doing so well you know, incredibly well by following your activities, that’ll recharge you like nothing else and he will only surface into your memories every now and then…and who knows one day he will be replaced by new love, new dreams.💛

Anonymous
      Inactive

HLJ – absolutely never again. I’m done with men.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

All the more time and energy for yourself then 👍☺️

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content