Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

Sense I left my ex because of domestic abuse aggressive controling behaviour my life not got any better I feel so depressed and Hopeless I’ve not had a good night sleep I worry about my children they are not copeing with attempery accommodation but the council just dont care they are also still puting me in finatural difficulties I am struggling to liveing pay storage prices I am really geting fed up of my situation. I need my own home so my children can settle down it’s just not happening. My children are suffering from mental health they are waiting for some Therapy just have to wait untill they get intouch with me .does anyone now how i get more help for my child she has PTSD she has really bad nots in her hair she will not let me brush her hair she gets panick attacks of past truma what she been thought is there anything I can buy to calm her down to feel less truma with her hair I feel hopeless that I cant even help her I try and help but she dont what me to there is hard nots of hair in balls this worrys me and makes me feel upset that she has to go thought life like this it breaks my heart. Is there any funding out there to help with storage cost? As I am struggling I have to keep paying this every month untill I get a house this is puting me into a financial struggle if I get a house I would be better of but this could take a very long time to even get my own house.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I’m sorry you’re having to go through this, the system is truly unfair. Have you tried Victim Support? Not sure where you are but my victims support have a victims fund and they helped me with money. Citizens advice, your local MP, there’s a wonderful website called survivingeconomicabuse.com and I know they have helped others. The national domestic abuse helpline may have some information. Your GP or local children’s Charity. The NSPCC have a helpline. NHS mental health website or helpline for mental health. Are you in touch with your local women’s aid? The children’s school may be able to offer support. Does your child like swimming. You could try that and smother her hair in conditioner when she comes out? Having things to hug really helped me. So perhaps toys to hug or something to distract her while you try to sort her hair. I’m sorry if I’m way off the mark with some of the suggestions but maybe something in there will be useful. Google local children’s Charities and maybe somewhere there will be funding for private counselling or free volunteers who counsel kids. Is there no way you could get him removed from the family home and return with safety measures?

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Kip so much for all this information I really appreciate it so much I will try thease what you have sent me because I’ve not tried them only women aid who I am intouch with and my GP . My daughter love cuddling things in bed she love swimming to. You gave me good ideas thank you for your help and surport I really appreciate it so much. I will contact victims support to see if they can help me to . With out me giveing to much information my family home I was in is no longer available we live in an attempery accommodation.my life would be better if I had a house for me and my children .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content