Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mixed-up mum
      Participant

Here’s a tip that might help – most of you will most likely have known this for ages but Im not all that Techy minded – so bit slow on some things!!! 😉

So if you click on/tap on the persons name (beside the little ‘profile pic’) you are talking to, it will then take you to their ‘profile page’, click on forums if your on a laptop – or if you are on a tablet tap on the ‘speech bubbles’ that then gives you another choice – tap on topics started and that will give you a recap of all topics that person has started – and so if you are new and don’t know a persons background story, this will update you, if you go over their ‘topics started’ then you will get a bit of background to their own story.

Also on the profile page there is an option to private message if you wish to have a longer conversation with one person.

Hope this helps some of you – I find it very useful if you forget a persons background story, as you can go and ‘recap’ at any time.

godschild
      Participant

Thankyou M.U.M, thats brilliant, I try to keep tack of each persons story but do get muddled and want to back track , thats really useful

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Yes Godschild this is why I find it very useful too – if you talk to a lot of ladies on here – its not easy (with a memory like mine!!!) to remember if the person has left, or is still living with their abuser – if they have there kids with them – if they have a good relationship with their kids, if they have the house or have moved out etc. – so this is an easy way to refresh your memory. 🙂

Serenity
      Participant

I’ve found it all the harder, as many people have changed their names since the old forum!

Thanks for the tips M.U.M. X

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Yes Serenity some from the old forum had to change names – so it’s good to recap on who they are and their story – and how things have gone it the time they haven’t been on here.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content