• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ssid.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ssid
      Participant

I have been reading some of the situations here of being trapped now, of not being able to reach help because of the public need to isolate to keep safe from the virus.

Many are trying hard to get more help to those at this time. MPs and others are striking out to raise additional funding for refuges for women to shelter in with their children.

There is a change.org petition to the govt to give £100k to each refuge to assist with the increased risk to vulnerable women and their children right now.

The incidence of domestic abuse in china has apparently risen by a third.

Please keep safe all, know that some reach out to offer it to you, and keep doing so.

ssid
      Participant

Sorry, to services, not just refuges, but to all of the many services supporting women at this time of increased DA risk

Losingbattle
      Participant

I’m just worried. I’m feeling like I cant cope with him much longer but with the current crisis I don’t think he’d leave. And we can’t leave so I feel like I’m stuck at the moment.

ssid
      Participant

I think you are not alone in that. We are all trying to look out for each other too, and many are very seriously worried about women trapped indoors this way.

What avenues of escape do you have? What ways of reaching out for help have you got?

Have you spoken to any support services already?

You can always call 999 if you have to get out urgently and feel at risk for yourself, or your children.

Do you have some things gathered in one place, essentials, in case you had to go suddenly? Especially children’s passports and birth certificates and red health books? Your own medical and official documents and a selection of essential clothing/money stash somewhere.

These are things you can do to be ready should you need to go, and might help you feel like you could all run out the door if you had to.

It can help to get the official documents and money out to somewhere trusted ahead of time so its safe.

Please speak to all those you can safely reach.

ssid
      Participant

Also, you can get an emergency order to get him out potentially.

If you have trusted friends or family that he can’t manipulate they could make some calls for you, if you’re not able?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content