Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbowcloud
      Participant

He’s left the house so the bombardment has begun. If I love him more he will change if I just show him more affection. Pretty hard to do when someone is vile to you a lot of the time who wants to show love to that ?
      Wish he left me alone to live my life I’m ashamed I read his msgs and even give him a reply on one of them. I guess the hold he has is not entirely broken I sometimes have this tiny little seed of hope thinking maybe this time maybe this time he will change. But deep down I know he won’t I’ve heard these promises before but I’m having a baby this time so maybe this time he will change lol he won’t he may for a week when he’s back under the table but then after that I will be punished I know this.
      The mental cruelty they inflict is so wrong isn’t it? I had made my mind firmly up yesterday I was having a termination and moving on but now I’m questions myself because I read his stupid msgs.
      I know he worn change he brought up other changes he has made helping more around the house and making me drinks so I’m supposed to be grateful he’s made some little changes recently.
      Would rather him respect me then do a job around the house. Don’t want him back in the house but then I feel sorry cos he’s got nobody and nowhere to go. Keep me strong ladies please I need this

diymum@1
      Participant

Think carefully- can you support another child? Can you say your doing the right thing going ahead? If yes then keep going but get legal advice to get him out off the house. Call womens aid and get some sound advice. If your unsure on the other hand don’t feel guilty about mapping your own life out infront off you – how your other kids will thrive. You’ll know what the answer is what is your instinct? Xx sending you a hug 🤗 x*x

Daisydo
      Participant

This is so typical of an abuser. My OH has blamed all of his abusive behaviour on me because he says I was not affectionate towards him enough. They are so needie! You don’t want to cuddle up with somebody who can be so horrible.
      Be strong, try to delete the messages before u open them, minimal contact is a must. As for your pregnancy, do what is right for you, don’t let anybody else pressure you into anything. It’s your body, your life and future.
      Keep strong
      DD xx

Rainbowcloud
      Participant

I have booked in earliest was Tuesday with the clinic to get the termination and I am keeping that appointment. I haven’t decided what I’m doing yet 100% but I’m quite certain of my desicion I need to just talk it over some more. But I feel he has got back inside my head but the thought of him coming through that door and back into my life fills me with dread and fear. Yes he will be nice maybe even for a month but it won’t last I need to drum that in my brain

KIP.
      Participant

Stick to absolutely zero contact. You can see how his mind games are toxic. Mine used to say if I gave him more sex he wouldn’t be so angry all the time. I stupidly tried this and after two days he was bored with that. Have you read Living with the Dominator?

Rainbowcloud
      Participant

He said the exact same thing to me if he had more sex he wouldn’t be angry anymore

KIP.
      Participant

These abusers are all the same. Even down to the same language. Take a look at Living with the Dominator and get in touch with your local women’s aid x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

His offer of reconciliation is a total joke!
      His offer starts with an “if” thus asking for a condition. Then his condition is placed onto your responsibility entirely.
      You doing the giving and he the taking. How is that attractive in any way?
      This is not a good enough offer even in a healthy relationship so you can imagine coming from a manipulative exploitative dangerous liar of an abuser. His offer is absolutely rubbish!

Block him darling.
      You need all your head space to deal with your own life, your body, the upcoming days and week.
      Keep a clear head, write down your decision and argumentation.
      Keep steady and focus on yourself, on your tasks.
      Block him. If he somehow manages to contact you anyways, don’t read any of his msg. His words are toxic, manipulative, like weeds invading all the space in a beautiful garden of healthy plants and flower, this is what his words do to your mind, your thoughts. Keep his words out of your mind!

Here’s a quote from Mark Twain explaining how to deal with idiots (read abusers)
      “Never argue with an idiot.
      He will drag you down to his level
      and beat you with experience”

Keep strong, go ahead with your plans, we’ve got your back!
      Sending you strength and hugs 💪💕

ssid
      Participant

Thinking of you with your difficult appt.coming up.

You are making strong decisions and I feel for what you are going through. Hang in there.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content