Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Scarecrow
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I am almost out except that he is still living with me while he finds somewhere new to live. Our relationship is over. I can’t say too much as i don’t want to give too much away but i have already been replaced. I suppose i would like advice as to how to handle still living with him – especially as he has a new victim? Grey rock – is that what its called? Ideally i just want him to go away and never come back but we share a child and I know that i am not that lucky.

Thank you

Scarecrow

HunkyDory
      Participant

Hi Scarecrow, I just looked up grey rock. Wow. (detail removed by moderator) I only read a few lines but it’s very interesting and will read more later. Is there anywhere you can move to temporarily while he sorts a new place out? Is he actively looking for somewhere? Or dragging his feet? Keep going, you’re almost there x

Scarecrow
      Participant

Thank you Hunkydory (great name!) I am refusing to leave our house as if I do I am making myself intentionally homeless and there is no way I am going to do that with our child. I am not in physical danger, not that the emotional and physical abuse isn’t bad enough, but I’ve put up with it for many years and I can stand strong for a few more weeks. I don’t advise doing what I’m doing but I can’t let him win any more! I’m thinking of me for the first time in a very long time. Xx

HunkyDory
      Participant

Well done you. Do you both own the property? If you have a child do you not have some legal right to stay there? What about legal advice or citizens advice, can they help guide you? X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content