Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      FallenAngel
      Participant

Hi all it’s been almost a year since I posted. I’ve since been back to my abuser and left threw times.
      My mum passed away this year. I’ve now been months free he was arrested a few more times with no charges (as per usual).
      I’m still struggling without him but I’ve been away from him the longest time ever now.
      Do you think this is the end?
      I’ve not heard from him now for almost (detail removed by Moderator) now and I walked away from him on the day (detail removed by Moderator).
      I’m just starting over. I’ve come along way but do they ever stay away?
      I’ve contacted him but never got a reply and he completely​ deleted his phone number by the service provider.
      I feel so silly I still miss him.
      Xx
      Hope all’s well.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Lovely

Sorry to hear for the loss of your mum. Do they ever stay away, they are all different so cant say, i would recommed u delete his no and block him on social media , focus on working on u , re learn to love yourself and what u like dloing, u have to retrain your brain that u cant think about the person that hurt u, i had to tell myself daily why i left , i had to do counselling to understand what happened, haveu tried counselling

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

Big hug and sorry about the loss of your mum.

I can only agree with Con delete and block everything to do with him.

I know when things are hard the control of them can been comforting as you don’t have room to think. But you really don’t want that.

Counselling has been a great help to me, and Im due to start a course to help me gain my confidence soon.

Good luck

FS xx

Nova
      Participant

Hi there
      I’d agree with the other ladies…seems like the only way forward is NC, there really isn’t anything positive going to come from being in contact with an abuser.
      For your future and your health all much better to leave the past, and start building your new life in freedom and safety!
      Small steps and as has been said confidence building, is the start.

Cx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content